Sunday, March 22, 2009

Painting, Etching and Silver

Polka Dot Finch
Watercolor



I have been working on new etchings for jewelry. Below is an image I am particularly fond of. What I am fond of is the idea that I can take a watercolor painting (above) and from it create an stamped image in Silver!!! I am easily amused I realize, but to me this is magic, one of the reasons I love art so much.



This work below, is the cover of an altered book that has it's pages painted and is ready for someone to add their thoughts and expression. The people who buy these are exploring colorful journals but have not yet ventured into putting down the paint themselves, or they like what I have done!!! I'm happy with this cover which includes collage, painting (crow at top) and a Gocco print- sorry the photo is not the greatest, but you get the idea.

No comments: