Thursday, December 07, 2006


"Violet Carving I"
Watercolor
2" x 2"
My dear friend Syd aka Sheep Floozy tagged me with an endeavor I have been trying to answer: 6 things I do that are wierd. Truly I believe that as beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so too does the act of weirdness. Using my family, especially my children as a gauge as to what they consider weird, here goes:
1) I talk to myself outloud, sometimes answering myself. (This is called metacognition by the way).
2) Sing along with anything and everything including elevator music, much to the chagrin of my children.
3) I save what others consider garbage, that which has an aesthetic I deem beautiful, including very,very small scraps of paper. ( My husband knows better than to throw out the foil on the wine bottle which makes a beautiful surface to emboss).
4) When I was in the 6th grade I had a tooth drilled without novacaine, at my request (I hated the feeling of the novacain, and still do, but now like it better than the feeling of the drill going into my tooth).
5) Refuse to use a microwave (though I don't think this is a weird act, more the converse).
6) If I had to choose between the two, I would rather make art than money.

No comments: