Saturday, January 09, 2010

Crow's intelligence

If you know me, you know I love crows. Often I am asked why I love crows so much  and what is their significance.  Crow represents creation, intelligence, tenacity, adaptability and survival. One of my favorite stories about crows comes from Ted Andrews in his book, Animal Speak, in which he explains that his Grandfather told him "Crow was the smartest of all birds. What's more, it even knew it was the smartest bird and enjoyed it to the fullest. In fact, it was so smart it chose to stay a crow, rather than move onto some other area of evolution." This link to a presentation on TED is very telling in a scientific way for those not inclined toward ancient knowings.
http://www.wimp.com/intelligencecrows/   It will be well worth your time.

No comments: