Sunday, March 16, 2008

Gocco Printer







This Thursday at the Art Clinic we are hosting a ATC trade- the first of which will be held on the Third Thursday of the month. I've been thinking about printing some ATC's as I just don't have the time to make a lot (I tend to spend a lot of time on them) soooo

I pulled out my Gocco printer. I'm not sure why I haven't been playing with it sooner!!! It was so much fun!!


With a Gocco printer the plate is a mesh screen which one squeezes the ink through onto you paper or cloth. The plate is made by a reaction of heat and carbon.
I made a few drawings using graphite, the pear and egg were done with charcoal, the bird is from a lino block print and the fairies were made from a gouache resist painting. It was so much fun and I realize the potential. Why have I waited so long to play with my Gocco printer??
I love how the egg came out, the plate picks up all of the subtle values so well. I printed a bunch on all kinds of paper as you can see by these pictures.
If you want an ATC- let me know!!!


No comments: