Monday, January 07, 2008

Walking Meditation

On the first of this year, I went for a walk. This is one of the things I love about where I live. The land around the Mission is a very sacred space for me and I try to walk there as much as possible. This day I brought my camera as it is also a place of inspiration for my work.

Can you believe this sky in January?
I love the cactus. The shapes are so simple though one must be very agile to navigate through them.
Here I begin my trek up. I like to chant silently as I ascend the path breathing through my nose. The repetition of AH helps me to clear my mind and the breath forces me to breathe deep. the smells of this place are incredable to my sences as well.
The imprints in the sand tell me so much about the life we live. Ultimately we are all going to end up in the same place, though our different ways of following the path trick us into thinking thats not so.
When I turn back I see this part of the Mission. The patron saint of this mission is the Virgin Mary. the true meaning of the word "virgin" is a woman who owns herself. I also see this and,
this. In the summer the flowers are quiet beautiful.
Here is the entrance to what I call the "healing tunnel of trees". It is a very magical experience walking through here.
going down
Ah, the end of the path and back to the duties of life.

No comments: